social listening blog post.

     I chose to talk about Nike, Nike is a worldwide company reaching almost every corner of the glob with their brand name and products. The majority of Nikes reviews are positive many articles analyzing Nikes sales, marketing, and products are positive. Nike blows it out of the park in every aspect of their business and that's why they are the biggest sporting goods company in the world. Thats also why i chose their company growing up playing sports I wanted that iconic Nike check on my cleats, gloves, shirts, shorts the brand was a status symbol growing up and that's why I wanted to write about it. 

     Nikes value proposition is to create innovative products that inspire athletes around the world to perform at their best. they provide high quality athletic gear around the world. Product wise Nike sells a plethora of products, but its main seller is its shoes. Nike sells over 300 types of shoes in over 1,000 different color ways and styles. Nikes claim to fame and what initially jump started the company is producing the most iconic footwear and always coming out with new styles and shoes. 

     Nike gets a lot of hate when it comes to their products, as I looked through their social media I saw many people write about manufacturing in Vietnam and how they have been caught using sweatshop like conditions and minimal pay to the people who work there. On Nikes Instagram a woman named summer L. Webster commented under one of their posts unavailing a new color way of the Nike air max 270 "Nike should take their overpriced shoes drop the price and pay their 3rd world workers better" and I responded with "almost every company in the world uses 3rd world labor, if you boycott every company who uses 3rd world labor, you'd have nothing left in your closet to wear." Another comment I saw by a man named Dante Aljassim, was "I'll never pay for Nikes over priced sh*t" to which I replied, "you pay more for an iconic brand and Nike is the most iconic in the world." But not everything said about Nike is bad, quite the opposite many people commented loving everything new that Nike produces, I saw many other comments talking about how they love how Nike uses models of all races for their products.  (my HP laptop would not let me transfer my screen shots from my Apple I phone, so I just wrote them down my apologies)

        Nike relays a lot of sales pitches and comments on their social medias. Recently Nike has been pushing their new sustainable materials they are using in honor of earth day. Most of Nikes social media presence is informing their followers about new products or new colorways of a product. When you are as big as Nike you don't need much marketing to push your sales.

        Nike uses everything in the book to push their products, Nike uses commercials, billboards, magazine ads, social media ads, you name it Nike does it. Nike succeeds in their marketing field like none other, they have made themselves a household name and have been since the 80s. Nike has their hand in every cookie jar. obviously Nikes main type of product is sportswear and sports gear but in recent years they expanded to more and more casual wear, streetwear, and even dress wear, If you can put it on your body and wear it there is a high chance you can find it with a Nike check on it. I genuinely believe Nike has reached some of the highest marketing success of any other company on the planet not only in clothing but overall. Nikes brand recognition is off the charts, chances are if you show someone a shoe with their check mark on it in any corner of the globe that person will know its a Nike shoe. The only challenges Nike really faces are the criticism of their manufacturing process and their prices, which Nike actively fights those challenges. I foresee Nike staying a household name for long after we are gone. 

         Nike responds to critics by continually attempting to perfect their process, Nike does not respond to any sort of social media comments rather they respond when the heat comes from respected articles and protests. 

         If I was the CEO of Nike, I'd respond to these allegations by moving my production to the United States and employing American people to work in my factories and manufacture my products. Sure, the cost of production would go up, but a human's rights allegation is no good for any company not even Nike is immune from these allegations effecting sales. 

         I learned that Big companies like Nike are seen everywhere because they are everywhere Nike gets their name out there like none other and that's what you have to do to build a name like Nike. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st blog post

Chick-fil-a marketing.